Human Resource Counselling MA
Everything that is human
Aim of the program
The aim of the programme is to train experts, who, in possession of their human, economic and developed interdisciplinary approach, are able to make detailed analyses, to find global and special correlations and to carry out advising and assessing activities in the world of organisations, employment and education.
They apply their professional skills, support the macro-level processes of human resource management and education according to the professional requirements of the given workplace. Their advising activity is determined by their knowledge of the HR market and organisational processes.
Strengths of the program
The program is two-folded: it integrates different but closely interconnected disciplines: psychology, economics/ human resource management, educational studies and relies heavily on partners that offer a “real-life” insight into the profession. We train experts who, at the end of the program, are able to make detailed analyses, find general and specific correlations in the world of organisations, work, employment and training, and who can carry out counselling and assessing activities incorporating their HR and economic studies applying their interdisciplinary attitude. Besides, we have administrative capacity to help facilitate student life.
Facts & Figures
Duration of the program: 2 years (4 semesters)
Credit number: 120 ECTS
Type: master, full-time
Tuition fee: 1900 EUR/semester
Check our infographic about the application procedure!
Applicants must hold a university Bachelor’s degree (or an equivalent college degree) in the fields listed below, or a university Master’s degree:
Full acknowledgement is given for the following degrees:
- Andragogy and Community Management BA degree,
- college degree in Cultural Management, Human Resource Management, Labour Counselling, Pedagogy, Psychology, Human Resources, Sociology, Political Sciences, Computational Librarian, Cultural Anthropology
- BA degrees of teacher education
- Bachelor Degree in Psychology, Education, Special Education, Sociology
Conditionally accepted Bachelor’s degrees which will be considered in the first place:
any Bachelor’s or Master’s degree programme in case the applicant possesses 30 credits in the following fields: essential studies related to humanities: pedagogical, psychological, philosophical and ethical studies; adult education studies; communicational science related studies, communication development; information technology, library studies; essential studies related to social sciences: social studies, sociology, anthropology, political sciences; economic and legal studies.
The condition of admittance is that the applicant should possess minimum 15 credits from these studies, the missing 15 can be obtained during the first semester of the applied programme.
If the applicant takes their final examination during the current semester, and their degree certificate (diploma) is not issued before the last application deadline, a certification is required issued by the institution, which verifies that the applicant will presumably receive a degree at a specific date. In case of being accepted as a student, however, the applicant must present the diploma upon enrolment at the latest.
This programme is not available for Hungarian citizens.
The application starts on the online application system. Students need to register in the system, fill in the online application form, upload the required documents and follow the instructions during the application process.
Students must upload all the required documents in the online application system, and after adding all the required documents, submit it.APPLY NOW
List of application documents
Following documents need to be submitted in the online application system:
- degree certificate (sealed, signed and dated diploma)
- records of the last two years (sealed, signed and dated diploma)
- an official English translation of the certificate and the records, all sealed, signed and dated
- The translation is needed only if the language of the original is not English. It can be a translation from the university, too.
- a reference work: It can be any paper written in English by the applicant within the field of human resources counselling (BA thesis extract, a research paper, a seminar paper, a research report, a published journal article or a book chapter, a case study, a literature review, etc.) Either a new paper or an improved version of an earlier work can also be written for the current application. The ideal length should be between 5-15 pages excluding references and the appendices. There are no special requirements concerning the format. You should show that you are familiar with the discipline’s academic genre and style (using adequate vocabulary, using statistics) and that you always support your argument with academic literature. You do not need to be original or already a professional, just show reasonable, rational and critical thinking.
- motivation letter: The letter should contain approximately 2000 characters. You should explain their experiences and ideas, how you met human resources counselling and why you thought this profession would be suitable for you, what your aim is with the MA degree, how you would imagine your career, which area you are interested in, what further studies you are planning. Please, be always specific and try to connect your own ideas and experience to what we can offer you through our programme.
- main pages of the passport
- proof of transfer of the application fee - 120 EUR (copy) (non-refundable)
- proof of transfer of the entrance exam fee - 120 EUR (copy) (non-refundable)
The application and the entrance exam fee can be paid separately or in one amount as well.
Both fees should be transferred to the following account:
- Name of Bank: Magyar Államkincstár (Hungarian State Treasury)
- Address of Bank: Budapest, Váci út 71, Hungary – 1139
- Holder of the account: Eötvös Loránd Tudományegyetem
- Account No.: 10032000-01426201-00000000
- SWIFT Code: HUSTHUHB
- IBAN Number: HU03 1003 2000 0142 6201 0000 0000
On the transfer order please put down your full name and “AB01 B102 B10206/18”!
Procedure of the entrance examination
The entrance exam contains a discussion about the motivation and program-related academic background and professional experience of the applicant. Successful applicants must have a good command of English and pass the entrance exam. The entrance exam can be taken in person or via Skype.
Please find more information about the curriculum and the course descriptions HERE.
Meet our students
Study in Hungary
- What about to learn more about Eötvös Loránd University? Find all necessary information about ELTE for our prospercive students!
- Would you like to study in Hungary? You are at the right place here!
- Are you interested in scholarships? Good idea -- Click here!
- Perfect choice: Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme or Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People.