Everything that is human
Aim of the program
The aim of the programme is to train professionals in the theoretical foundations and basic methods of psychology and also, to give an insight into the applied branches of its disciplines such as possessing skills and techniques that can be used in order to measure, explore and develop individuals, groups or organizations through experiments. Students will obtain an integrated knowledge of education, communication, socialization, learning and human development. It is also aimed to provide modern knowledge and true sense of vocation that support further learning in any psychology MA.
Strengths of the program
- ideal student-teacher ratio which enables a tutorial-like atmosphere
- professional preparedness
- No. 1 Institute of Psychology in Hungary
- administrative capacity to help facilitate student life
- exchange opportunities to more than 50 partner universities
Facts & Figures
- Duration of the program: 3 years (6 semesters)
- Credit number: 180 ECTS
- Type: bachelor, full-time
- Language: English
- Tuition fee: 4200 EUR/semester
Check our infographic about the application procedure!
The students who can apply for a BA in Psychology programme for the 2022/2023 academic year, are expected to present the documentation of their certificate of matriculation from a secondary school and to submit their application with the necessary attachments.
The university only accepts certificates, which are equivalent to the Hungarian certificate of matriculation, thus appropriate for continuing one’s studies in university education. If the certificate is not in English, the university needs an official translation, which could be a translation by the secondary school as well.
If the applicant completes their secondary education during the current term and their certificate is not issued before the application deadline a proof of student status / a certification issued by the institution which verifies that the applicant will receive matriculation at a specific date is required instead. In case the applicant is accepted, however, they must present their certificate of matriculation upon enrolment at the latest.
This programme is not available for Hungarian citizens.
The educational and outcome requirements are defined by the Ministry of Human Capacities (Regulation No. 18/2016. (VIII. 5.)). The details of the application and admission process are defined by the Organisational and Operational Regulations of ELTE.
The language of instruction for the entire programme is English, so a very good command of English is required during the oral entrance exam and throughout the whole programme. The language knowledge is assessed and evaluated during the interview, the Faculty of Education and Psychology doesn't require an official language certificate.
The application starts on the online application system. Students need to register in the system, fill in the online application form, upload the required documents and follow the instructions during the application process.
Students must upload all the required documents in the online application system, and after adding all the required documents, submit it.APPLY NOW
List of application documents
Following documents need to be submitted to the online application system:
- certificate of matriculation from a secondary school, sealed, signed and dated
- OR: a certification which verifies that the applicant will receive matriculation (secondary school certificate), also sealed, signed and dated
- study records of the last two years, sealed, signed and dated
- official English translation of the certificate and the records, all sealed, signed and sated (The translation is necessary only if the language of the originals is not English. It could be a translation from the secondary school, too.)
- motivation letter: The letter should contain approximately 2000 characters. You should explain your experiences and ideas, how you met psychology and why you think this profession would be suitable for you, what your aim is with the psychology degree, how you would imagine your career, which area you are interested in, what further studies you are planning, what do you think, how our programme is connected to your future plans. Please, be always specific and try to connect your own ideas and experience to what we can offer you through our programme.
- main pages of the passport
- proof of transfer of the application fee - 120 EUR (non-refundable)
- proof of transfer of the entrance exam fee - 120 EUR (non-refundable)
The application and the entrance exam fee can be paid separately or in one amount as well.
Both fees should be transferred to the following account:
- Name of Bank: Magyar Államkincstár (Hungarian State Treasury)
- Address of Bank: Budapest, Váci út 71, Hungary – 1139
- Holder of the account: Eötvös Loránd Tudományegyetem
- Account No.: 10032000-01426201-00000000
- SWIFT Code: HUSTHUHB
- IBAN Number: HU03 1003 2000 0142 6201 0000 0000
On the transfer order please put down your full name and “AB01 B106 AB9P01/04”!
Procedure of the entrance examination
A discussion in English about a popular psychology-related article, which the applicant receives at the beginning of the examination. The applicant has one hour to read the article before the discussion begins. The article is from a popular psychology magazine. The applicant is expected to be able to summarize the main points of the article and reply to related questions. The committee checks whether the applicant has adequate vocabulary to understand the topic and needs to see to what extent the applicant has text analysing skills. Notes can be taken during reading and used in the discussion. There will also be a short discussion about the applicant’s background and motivation.
The entrance exam can be taken in person or via Teams (you do not need to download the app).
Please find more information about the curriculum and the course descriptions HERE.
Meet our students
Study in Hungary
- What about to learn more about Eötvös Loránd University? Find all necessary information about ELTE for our prospercive students!
- Would you like to study in Hungary? You are at the right place here!
- Are you interested in scholarships? Good idea -- Click here!
- Perfect choice: Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme, Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People or Hungarian Diaspora Scholarship.