Everything that is human
Aim of the program
The aim of the programme is to train professionals in the theoretical foundations and basic methods of psychology and to give insights into the applied branches of the discipline, such as skills and techniques that can be used to measure, explore and develop individuals, groups or organizations. Students will obtain an integrated knowledge of education, communication, socialization, learning and human development. It is also aimed to provide modern knowledge and a sense of vocation that support further studies in any psychology MA programme.
A behaviour analyst can carry out activities that support the work of a qualified psychologist in organisations and institutions providing education, training, development, re-education, correction, treatment and rehabilitation. Furthermore, a behaviour analyst can also work in any psychological laboratory and complete and evaluate several standard experiments and aptitude tests of organisational psychology. In specific cases, however, the supervision of a qualified psychologist is necessary. A behaviour analyst is trained and prepared to conduct and analyse several experiments regarding human interventions, such as standard or intentional survey of competence, adaptivity, attitude or functioning; the demand for such professionals is high in any country of the world. Institutes that already employ a well-trained and qualified psychologist can also claim professionals to work under supervision and deepen their competence this way. Thus, the human resources and financial budgets might get better organized and become more productive whilst remaining cost effective – benefiting both employers and employees.
Strengths of the program
- ideal student-teacher ratio which enables a tutorial-like atmosphere
- professional preparedness
- No. 1 Institute of Psychology in Hungary
- administrative capacity to help facilitate student life
- exchange opportunities to more than 50 partner universities
Facts & Figures
- Duration of the program: 3 years (6 semesters)
- Credit number: 180 ECTS
- Type: bachelor, full-time
- Language: English
- Tuition fee: 4200 EUR/semester
Check our infographic about the application procedure!
The students who can apply for a BA in Psychology programme for the 2023/24 academic year, are expected to present the documentation of their certificate of matriculation from a secondary school and to submit their application with the necessary attachments.
The university only accepts certificates, which are equivalent to the Hungarian certificate of matriculation, thus appropriate for continuing one’s studies in university education. If the certificate is not in English, the university needs an official translation, which could be a translation by the secondary school as well.
If the applicant completes their secondary education during the current term and their certificate is not issued before the application deadline a proof of student status / a certification issued by the institution which verifies that the applicant will receive matriculation at a specific date is required instead. In case the applicant is accepted, however, they must present their certificate of matriculation upon enrolment at the latest.
This programme is not available for Hungarian citizens.
The educational and outcome requirements are defined by the Ministry of Human Capacities (Regulation No. 18/2016. (VIII. 5.)). The details of the application and admission process are defined by the Organisational and Operational Regulations of ELTE.
The language of instruction for the entire programme is English, so a very good command of English is required during the oral entrance exam and throughout the whole programme. The language knowledge is assessed and evaluated during the interview, the Faculty of Education and Psychology doesn't require an official language certificate.
The application starts on the online application system. Students need to register in the system, fill in the online application form, upload the required documents and follow the instructions during the application process.
Students must upload all the required documents in the online application system, and after adding all the required documents, submit it.APPLY NOW
List of application documents
Following documents need to be submitted to the online application system:
- certificate of matriculation from a secondary school, sealed, signed and dated
- OR: a certification which verifies that the applicant will receive matriculation (secondary school certificate), also sealed, signed and dated
- study records of the last two years, sealed, signed and dated
- official English translation of the certificate and the records, all sealed, signed and sated (The translation is necessary only if the language of the originals is not English. It could be a translation from the secondary school, too.)
- motivation letter: The applicant is recommended to submit a motivation letter (1500 - 2500 characters), in which relevant experience and ideas should be elaborated on. More specifically, the applicant should explain how they became interested in psychology, why they think this profession would be suitable for them, what their aim is with the psychology BA (behaviour analyst) degree, how they would imagine their career, which area they are interested in, what further studies they are planning, and how they think our programme relates to their future plans.The applicant should always be specific and try to connect their own ideas and experience to what we can offer them through our programme.
- main pages of the passport
- proof of transfer of the application fee - 120 EUR (non-refundable)
- proof of transfer of the entrance exam fee - 120 EUR (non-refundable)
The application and the entrance exam fee can be paid separately or in one amount as well.
Both fees should be transferred to the following account:
- Name of Bank: Magyar Államkincstár (Hungarian State Treasury)
- Address of Bank: Budapest, Váci út 71, Hungary – 1139
- Holder of the account: Eötvös Loránd Tudományegyetem
- Account No.: 10032000-01426201-00000000
- SWIFT Code: HUSTHUHB
- IBAN Number: HU03 1003 2000 0142 6201 0000 0000
On the transfer order please put down your full name and “AB01 B106 AB9P01/04”!
Procedure of the entrance examination
The applicant receives a popular psychology-related magazine article and has one hour to read it before the oral examination begins. In the oral examination, the applicant should discuss the article with the examiners, and is expected to be able to summarize the main points of the article and reply to related questions. The committee assesses whether the applicant has the adequate vocabulary to understand the topic and skills to analyse the text. Notes can be taken during the preparation (i.e., while reading the article) and used during the discussion. In the second part of the interview, the applicant has the opportunity to share their background and express their motivation. The entrance examination can be taken in person or online via Teams. (For that, it is not necessary to download the app).
Please find more information about the curriculum and the course descriptions HERE.
Meet our students
Study in Hungary
- What about to learn more about Eötvös Loránd University? Find all necessary information about ELTE for our prospercive students!
- Would you like to study in Hungary? You are at the right place here!
- Are you interested in scholarships? Good idea -- Click here!
- Perfect choice: Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme, Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People or Hungarian Diaspora Scholarship.