Social Integration MA
Everything that is human
Aim of the program
Multi/intercultural issues have become increasingly significant in political, social, cultural and everyday life. This programme provides students with knowledge about the multifaceted nature of intercultural issues and multi-/interculturalism by means of a multidisciplinary approach, including anthropology, sociology, psychology and education. Approximately half of the programme consists of trainings, seminars, and field work preparing students to understand, and effectively work with culturally diverse populations in different institutions and settings.
Strengths of the program
- unique program with strong interdisciplinary focus
- professional preparedness
- administrative capacity to help facilitate student life
- almost 40 civil partner organisations for practice
Facts & Figures
Duration of the programme: 2 years (4 semesters)
Credit number: 120 ECTS
Type: master, full-time
Tuition fee: 2900 EUR/semester
Check our infographic about the application procedure!
Full acknowledgement is given for the following degrees:
Bachelor Degree in Psychology, Education, Special Education, Sociology.
In the case of degrees gained on other fields except for the mentioned ones above, each degree will be considered individually, and transcripts from your Bachelor's degree as well as course descriptions will be requested.
If the applicant is taking their final examination during the current semester, and their degree certificate (diploma) is not issued before the last application deadline, a certification is required issued by the institution, which verifies that the applicant will presumably receive a degree at a specific date. In case of being accepted as a student, however, the applicant must present the diploma upon enrolment at the latest.
This programme is not available for Hungarian citizens.
The language of instruction for the entire programme is English, so a very good command of English is required during the oral entrance exam and throughout the whole programme. The language knowledge is assessed and evaluated during the interview.
The educational and outcome requirements are defined by the Ministry of Human Capacities (Regulation No. 18/2016. (VIII. 5.)). The details of the application and admission process are defined by the Organisational and Operational Regulations of ELTE.
The application starts on the online application system. Students need to register in the system, fill in the online application form, upload the required documents and follow the instructions during the application process.
Students must upload all the required documents in the online application system, and after adding all the required documents, submit it.APPLY NOW
List of application documents
Following documents need to be submitted in the online application system:
- degree certificate (sealed, signed and dated diploma)
- transcript of records of the last two years (sealed, signed and dated diploma)
- an official English translation of the certificate and the records, all sealed, signed and dated)
- The translation is needed only if the language of the original is not English. It can be a translation from the university, too.
- letter of purpose - guidelines available here Please, specify why you want to come to Hungary, to Budapest, to our university, to our faculty, to this programme. Please, tell us what makes you a successful candidate, what your future plans are, what do you think, how our programme is connected to your future plans. Please, be always specific and try to connect your own ideas and experience to what we can offer you through our programme.
- main pages of the passport
- proof of transfer of the application fee - 120 EUR (non-refundable)
- proof of transfer of the entrance exam fee - 120 EUR (non-refundable)
The application and the entrance exam fee can be paid separately or in one amount as well.
Both fees should be transferred to the following account:
- Name of Bank: Magyar Államkincstár (Hungarian State Treasury)
- Address of Bank: Budapest, Váci út 71, Hungary – 1139
- Holder of the account: Eötvös Loránd Tudományegyetem
- Account No.: 10032000-01426201-00000000
- SWIFT Code: HUSTHUHB
- IBAN Number: HU03 1003 2000 0142 6201 0000 0000
On the transfer order please put down your full name and “AB01 B102 B10207/18”!
Procedure of the entrance examination
The admission procedure contains an oral entrance exam. The entrance exam is a discussion in English about a social integration/ an intercultural pedagogy and/or intercultural psychology related article, which the applicant receives at the beginning of the oral examination. The applicant has one hour to read and make notes after that the oral examination takes place. During the oral examination the applicant should be able to summarize the article and answer the questions regarding the article.
The entrance exam can be taken in person or via Teams (you do not need to download the application).
Please find more information about the curriculum and the course descriptions HERE.
Meet our students
Study in Hungary
- What about to learn more about Eötvös Loránd University? Find all necessary information about ELTE for our prospercive students!
- Would you like to study in Hungary? You are at the right place here!
- Are you interested in scholarships? Good idea -- Click here!
- Perfect choice: Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme, Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People or Hungarian Diaspora Scholarship.